Application & Software Development
Designing and developing applications and software solutions has been a core and continuous activity of DOTSOFT since its foundation. We have developed for a wide range of national and international organisations, agencies and EU R&D projects some of their most popular and successful applications. We have accumulated extensive experience in addressing the needs and requirements of the government sector.
DOTSOFT provides a wide range of own products, tools and platforms. We also undertake the development and support of tailor-made applications according to clients’ needs. DOTSOFT covers the full lifecycle of application and software development. Our processes are constantly revised to embrace world class, state-of-the-art techniques. Our solutions are delivered as standalone or constituent parts of integrated, turn-key projects. We follow well-proven and professional working methodologies. They rely on accumulated experience and know-how, software libraries, best practices and constant improvement methods. Moreover, project specific metrics are defined and applied to ensure consistent results of a high standard.
DOTSOFT employs a framework supported by its ISO 9001:2008 certification. It relies on the use of a wide range of methodologies which include PMBOK/PRINCE2 for project management, UML/RUP and CMM (Capability Maturity Model) for software engineering, ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) for IT services management and others.
DOTSOFT has extensive experience in the delivery of consulting services targeted at developing, promoting, stimulating and supporting clients in setting up and running their IT environment and information systems. Indicatively, consulting services involve the following key domains:
- Project Management: Management of project resources, risk management, financial management, change, risk and configuration management.
- Quality Assurance, Management and Audit: Project & Quality Plans (PQP), functional and quality tests, quality assessments, quality audits, quality control and evaluation of the software development cycle, elaboration and implementation of Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Enterprise Architecture: Analysis of portfolio of information systems, analysis of organisational structures, development and enhancement of IS architecture, assessments of architecture maturity and data flow analyses.
- IS Studies: Technical studies, technical evaluations, implementation/deployment studies and hosting of information systems.
- IT Training: Provision of training on specific tools, methodologies and practices. Also, provision of training on setting up and operation of IT environments and systems.
- Analysis and evaluation of ICT research: Studies to assess impact and evaluate results of European research in ICT.
Dissemination & Communication Services
DOTSOFT is a provider of information, communication and promotional services, offering a complete package, from business to technical solutions and support:
We deploy dedicated teams of communications specialists, technology experts, e-Government experts, editors, publishers, Event Managers, Production Coordinators and Technical Experts are deployed to undertake the full range of activities of the various projects. Study: analysis of research projects, products, tools, frameworks and identification of trends.
- Approach: assessment and improvement of communication and marketing strategies by proposing enhancements and new services.
- Inform: research, set-up and maintenance of news bulletin boards and newsletters, continuous monitoring of new developments, organisation of events, delivery of case studies and preparation of special publications.
- Promote: elaboration of marketing approach and implementation of diverse communication tools and promotional actions such as websites, social media, workshops, roadshows, audio-visual presentations and printed material.
- Connect: set-up and coordination of networks of experts and stimulation of interaction through conferences and organisation of workshops.
DOTSOFT undertakes complex missions on a turn-key basis in the fields of IT, which involve integrated delivery of applications, bundled with all necessary hardware and security equipment. To ensure results of a high standard, the company follows state of-the-art methodologies and relies on a wide spectrum of qualified and experienced staff as well as on a professional industrial environment for assembling, staging, testing and dispatching of equipment. This includes a dedicated laboratory employing all modern and innovative tools and concepts available today in the market.
Outsourcing - Managed Services
DOTSOFT undertakes delivery of outsourcing and/or managed services for its clients. Such services are offered in strict compliance to the most efficient methodologies known today in the market (i.e. ITIL) and include support of IT and information systems and applications in production; 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support to users and administrators of specific applications; and provision of hosting services via our partner’s network and strategic alliances for cloud services.
Research & Development
Current research interests of DOTSOFT are on the following thematic areas:
information security design and implementation applicable to identity management, authentication and authorisation, as well as rights management and privacy enhancing technologies. e-Government for governments at all levels, using open standards and facilitating access to information for all; advanced ICT solutions and policy developments for collaborative working environments, applicable to e-Business, e-Government, e-Agriculture and e-Learning; Web 2.0 and Social Software (mashup, blogging, syndication, podcasting, advanced user interfaces); cognitive systems and human-computer interaction; digital libraries and technology-enhanced learning, Intelligent content, and Semantics (semantic Web services, semantically enhanced information retrieval, content annotation, ontology creation, advanced data and text mining and intelligent knowledge extraction).